The purpose of the drills in this section is to provide more time reading a map while running as well as skill isolation to allow greater focus. Each link provides access to a document that provides a useful drill that all of the technical aspects have been completed for you. Use them as you see fit, free of charge. Simply ensure you have permission to use whatever property the drill is located on prior to execution. Cascade OC makes no claims as to your right to use the location and you are solely responsible for your safety and right to be there.
Current Usynlig-O Courses
- Numerous. See Usynlig-O application. Set GPS to 20m capture gate and 200m for discarding the track points.
Training Courses (Flagged with Pin Flags for the training season)
- Currently no flags are in the forest for training.
Reading and Running Drills (R+R)
Contour Only Drills
Control Extension Drills
Advanced Training Camp 2023
Jr. Nationals Training Camp at Frenchman Coulee
- Setter Maps
- Compass Drill (Meant to be walked with instructor for beginners)
- Map Walk, Handrail Drill, Contour Drill, Control Circle Drill
- Multiple maps to facilitate multiple students. Print what you need.
- Practice Courses
WIOL Warmup Drills
- Lincoln Park
- Magnusun Park
- South Seattle College
- Ft. Steiliacoom
- Camp River Ranch
- Pt. Defiance