Volunteering at North American Orienteering Champs
Volunteer at the North American Championships in July!
Cascade OC is organizing volunteers for the start areas at the North American Orienteering Championships (NAOC) events, to be held near Lake Tahoe, California and you can be a part of it!
The North Americans are part of the multi-day California Orienteering Festival and will be a great opportunity to experience some wonderful terrain and meet orienteers from around the world. There will be categories for every skill level, so don’t miss out on a chance to participate! Events include:
- World Ranking Events in the Bay Area – July 21-23
- North American Orienteering Championships near Lake Tahoe – July 24-27
- Middle and Long National Ranking Events near Lake Tahoe – July 29-30
- World Rogaining Championships near Lake Tahoe – August 1-2 (includes a 4-hour non-WRC option)
If you plan to go to the North American Orienteering Champs, please consider volunteering for a shift at the start. We’d really like it if you can sign up for all 3 days but other options are also available. Everyone who volunteers will also be able to run a course. We’ve set up “events” where you can “register” for a volunteer position.
The following days and shifts are available. Cascade OC members will receive the normal volunteer points (1 pt per half hour). There may be minor changes in shift times.
Friday, July 24 – Sprint
- Shift 1 – 1:30-3:00p
- Shift 2 – 3:00-4:00p
- Shift 3 – 4:00-5:00p
Saturday, July 25 – Middle
- Shift 1 – 9:30-11:00a
- Shift 2 -11:00a-noon
- Shift 3 – noon-1:00p
Sunday, July 25 – Long
- Shift 1 – 8:30-10:00a
- Shift 2 -10:00-11:30a
- Shift 3 – 11:30a-1:00p
Monday, July 27 – Relay
- Map handout – 9:15-10:15a
- Map exchange – 10:00-11:30a
- Map exchange – 11:03a-1:00p